Creates Virtual Arts Club!
What is “Creates”?
- “Creates” is a Virtual Arts Club, run by Created to Create, a program run by Northumberland Youth Unlimited. “
- A place where youth meet virtually to learn and create together and to find out what it means to be truly creative.
When, where and how do we meet?
- Tuesdays from 4:15pm-5:45pm for six weeks, starting Feb. 23, 2021.
- Meetings take place on Zoom.
- You will require a computer or tablet for Zoom.
Who can join and how can I register?
- Youth ages 10-16.
- Register below!
- The registration fee is $40 (subsidies available upon request) and payable via e-transfer or credit card.
What makes up a “Creates” Club meeting?
- A fun activity
- God Talk time understanding our creativity and where it comes from
- Creative breakout session – choose a 1st and 2nd choice which will last for 6 weeks. Sessions are limited to 6. youth (Ukulele is limited to 3 youth)
What is being offered for the Creative breakout sessions?
- Creative Collages: Challenge your creativity using the resources you find at home to create unique artwork. With just old magazines, glue and scissors, collaging is a little bit like painting – with paper! Let’s encourage one another as we imagine something new out of the old.
- Optical Illusion Art: Have you ever seen an optical illusion? Something that made you stop and look at it again to figure out what it was? In this breakout session we’ll explore how to create various optical illusion artworks using shapes, colours, and lines to make images look as if they are moving, leaping off the page, or transforming into another form.
- Stop Motion Animation: Learn how to shoot stop motion animation videos using objects, words, people or plasticine.
- Ukulele and Basic Blues: Learn how to tune and play basic chords on the ukulele so that you can accompany yourself. Learn what it takes to write a basic blues song!
- Zentagles & Marker Painting: Using markers and your creativity you can create impressing designs called Zentagles, or paint using your water-based markers! Come explore the possibilities.
How do I get my supplies?
- Where possible we will endeavour to deliver supplies to youth within Northumberland County (although the club is open to non-Northumberland County residents)
- If you require a ukulele, please contact us and we will try our best to find one for you to use.
- Additional supplies needed for Stop Motion Animation: a cell phone and the Stop Motion Studio app. The app is free but you can purchase a special effects and music package for under $8.00. This package is not required, but is recommended.
- A cell phone (in addition to a computer or tablet for Zoom) would be an asset for the other sessions, but not required.
How can others see what I’ve created?
- At the end of the six weeks of instruction, youth will be invited to submit some of their favourite work to be featured in a culminating Arts Show to be premiered for all participants and their families on Zoom.
- The video will be shared on our YouTube channel after the Zoom premiere.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. REGISTER BELOW ASAP; spots are going fast. We can’t wait to see you there!
Meet Your Instructors
Cheryl – Zentagles & Marker Painting Instructor
Katie – Creative Collages Instructor
Desaree – Optical Illusion Art Instructor
Ruth – Ukulele & Basic Blues Instructor
Christine – Stop Motion Animation Instructor
Creates Registration Form