C2C SHINE VIDEO ELIGIBILITY & SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- C2C Shine is a program of Northumberland Youth Unlimited’s “Created to Create” and is open to all youth between the ages of 10 to 19 years.
- By submitting an entry, all entrants warrant and represent that they have full right and title to the entries so submitted and that such entries do not violate any prior copyright interest of any person, and further, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Northumberland Youth Unlimited from any claim or action arising out of any breach of copyright cause by such entry.
- Please note: If you are using a background track to dance or sing to, or you are recording a cover of a song, please send all appropriate information about the song; including song title, composer, album title, year written…
- All entries will be reviewed by Northumberland Youth Unlimited to ensure that the content of the entry is appropriate in nature and to ensure entries abide by the content restrictions contained in these official submission rules.
- Eligible participants are invited to create a maximum 3 minute video about the current advertised theme. Check out current theme and entry deadlines at the end of this document or at nyfc.org/shine.
Submission Process & Timeline
- The registration form must be submitted. Register at nyfc.org/shine. Youth 17 years or younger must have their parents complete the registration form.
- Upon submission of your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with further details including the upload link.
- Upload the video.
- Join us for the premiere of the highlights video.
- The deadline is 8:00pm on the day of the deadline. Themes and deadlines at bottom of this document. You can use the same upload link for any or all of the themes.
- Submissions should consist of a message or showcase a Creative Talent that communicates through audio visual means the posted theme.
- Videos are to be no longer than 3 minutes in length unless you request an exemption from this rule. Contact Christine at C2C@nyfc.org for an exemption. Please clearly state why an exemption is necessary and how long your video will be.
- The video must be uploaded via the link included in your registration confirmation email.
- Remember: When shooting video on your phone, keep the phone horizontal and shoot at the highest quality on your phone.
- Submitted videos must not contain:
- Inappropriate material as determined by Northumberland Youth Unlimited. This includes profanity (please note the use of “God’s name” as a swear word is not appropriate).
- Dangerous stunts.
- Material that is likely to cause offence to any person or to injure the name, reputation or standing of any person in any way, directly or indirectly.
- After the submission deadline, the entries will be reviewed and those videos deemed suitable will be featured in the highlights video as well as an individual video entry.
- Approximately 2 weeks after the deadline there will be a Premiere Showing of the highlight video and all or some of the entries at a Zoom Meeting. All participants will be invited to attend through an email Zoom invite.
Themes and Entry Deadlines
- Gratitude – October 26
- Christmas – December 1
- Family or Friends – February 5
- Easter – March 26
- Canada Day – June 4